Nasim Sdn Bhd, the official distributor for Automobiles Peugeot in Malaysia, has launched the highly anticipated New Peugeot 508 today.
The New Peugeot 508 builds on the qualities intrinsically woven into its DNA: its styling, the range and modernity of its features and its dynamic performance.
“To date, the 508 makes up 16% of this year’s total sales, the second highest behind the 208. With the road as its territory, the New 508 is set to up the ante in the highly competitive D-segment with cutting-edge styling, innovative technology, leading efficiency and dynamic driveability and safety,” said Dato’ Samson Anand George, Chief Operating Officer of Nasim.
He said the New 508 will contribute significantly to Nasim’s sales target of 6,000 units in 2015. “As at April 2015, Peugeot’s market share among European cars is 15%. Not only does Malaysia dominate the ASEAN auto market but our Peugeot ASEAN market share is 71.4%, the biggest in ASEAN.”
So what’s interesting with the new Lion D-segment flagship?
From the outside
- A new vertically oriented front grille featuring the famous Peugeot lion in the middle
- A more horizontal bonnet
- Redesigned bumpers at the rear
- Peugeot’s signature headlamps lighting accentuated by full LED technology
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED Fog lamp with cornering assist
- Three ‘claws’ of the Peugeot lion LED rear lights
- 18-inch lightweight alloy rims.
From the inside
- World in Peugeot 7-inch HD multifunction touchscreen that accesses vehicles functionalities such as navigation, telephone, vehicle configuration, multimedia, integrated reverse camera, driving aids and digital connectivity comprising Bluetooth, USB, CD/MP3 player,
- Premium JBL HIFI 10 speakers with subwoofer
- Arkarmys 3D sound processor
- Peugeot Jukebox
- Head-Up Display with driving and navigation information in colour.
- Intelligent keyless entry with push start,
- Smart beam
- Automatic electric parking brake,
- Automatic headlamp dipping,
- Quad-zone automatic air conditioning,
- 8-way electric front seats with electric lumbar support,
- Front and rear Peugeot park assist
- Integrated reversing camera
For the SW (that’s Station Wagon) THP is the only variant to come with a motorised tailgate and a panoramic glass roof with an electric shutter system and one-touch rotary control
The GT is the only variant to come with 19-inch lightweight alloy rims, premium Nappa leather upholstery and memory and massage function in the driver’s seat.
For safety, the New 508 comes affixed with
- six airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) featuring
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS),
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD),
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA),
- Anti-Skid Regulation (ASR)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Hill Start Assist,
- Two sets of ISOFIX points at the rear for child seats,
- One touch power windows with anti-pinch
- Peugeot Rolling Code Transponder immobilizer security with perimetric, volumetric and anti-tilt alarm.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLISS)
- Full five-star rating from EURO NCAP.
On the performance side, the THP and SW THP variants of the New 508 are equipped with a 1.6-litre twin scroll turbo high pressure (THP) engine that produces 165 PS and 240 Nm of torque. The fuel efficiency of the New 508 on a combined cycle is rated at 7.1-litres per 100 km. This engine was a firm winner at the International Engine of the Year Awards for 8 years running.
The GT variant of the New 508 is equipped with a 2.2 turbodiesel HDI engine that produces 206 PS and 450 Nm of torque. It can reach up to top speeds of 235 km/h and a 100km/h time of only 8.4 seconds. The fuel efficiency of the New 508 on a combined cycle is rated at 5.7-litres per 100 km.
Additionally, the engines are matched to a 6 speed auto adaptive gearbox featuring Tiptronic and Sport mode functionality.
The New 508 has won several international awards including the ‘Best Car of the Year 2012′ from Spain’s Car of the Year Awards, ‘Best Large Family car 2011′ from Next Green Car, ‘Best New Car of 2011′ from Fleet World UK, ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design’ from Red Dot Awards 2011, ‘Continental Irish Family Car of the Year 2012’ from the Irish Motoring Writers’ Association, ‘Middle Class Winner Import’ from Auto Trophy 2010 and ‘Best imported family car 2011’ from Auto Zeitung.
The New 508 is available in five stunning colours – Pearl White, Bourrasque Blue, Pine Brown, Artense Grey and Harla Grey.
All Peugeot models come with five-year warranty with unlimited mileage together with Nasim’s 24-hour Peugeot Assistance service, complimentary access to the Peugeot Lounge at Subang Airport and Peugeot Privilege membership, all to provide the best ownership experience for its customers.
Prices are estimated to be as follows (should be finalized by next week):-
1. New Peugeot 508 : RM175,000 on-the-road
2. New Peugeot 508 SW : RM185,000 on-the-road
3. New Peugeot 508 GT : RM205,000 on-the-road
Look out for the full test drive article soon here!