Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) today entered the New Year with the introduction of a free three-year/45,000km (whichever comes first) maintenance programme. All Volkswagen cars registered from 1st January 2018 are eligible, regardless of model.
Erik Winter, Managing Director of VPCM said that the three-year free maintenance programme on Volkswagen cars will help provide peace of mind to owners as the cost of caring for their cars are being taken up by Volkswagen.
“With this programme in place, owners need not have to worry about the maintenance of their Volkswagen. This also reaffirms the commitment we have towards our customers – not just in strengthening our
aftersales service, but also the Volkswagen ownership experience for our owners,” he added.
The programme covers all maintenance costs, as per the standard maintenance schedule EXCLUDING wear-and-tear parts such as brake discs, pads, windscreen wipers and bulbs. The owners of the cars will also need to follow the service schedule at authorised Volkswagen service centres or risk voiding the coverage.
In addition to the new programme, customers purchasing any variant of the entire Passat family will also enjoy low interest rates from 0.88% per annum.
For more information, please visit www.volkswagen.com.my.
Let me summarize the press release in plain simple English since no other automotive site would inject their own thoughts about this promo;-
- This is a maintenance program, not warranty which remains 5-years unlimited mileage (This has been in effect since 1st September 2016)
- Three-years essentially means three free service. Volkswagen’s maintenance is once every year OR 15,000km WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
- Three free service saves you RM2,826.49 if you bought a brand new VW Vento 1.6MPI (based on the official VW Vento service pricing guide HERE. Except for the Passat which has subsidized promo interest rate, you should check VW’s official site to see the perceived value of the discount for the model you’re interested in.
- Be aware that the 4th service (or 60,000km) is a major service for all models and the cost is not covered under this program.
- All talk about last year’s better promo is stupid because everyone is trying to hit the annual target & would offer better incentives to capture more sales. Bringing this up is irrelevant today.
Be a smart consumer!