BMW Group Malaysia today introduced the first-ever BMW 5 Series Hybrid with eDrive Technology. The All-New BMW 530e Sport is the fifth BMW iPerformance model to be introduced in the country, further reinforcing the premium automaker’s expertise in Plug-in Hybrid Technology.
Mr. Raymond Tan, Head of Sales, BMW Malaysia said, “The All-New BMW 5 Series now offers eDrive Technology, a new innovation taken from the Mobility of the Future – BMW i. More than this, however, is the fact that the All-New BMW 530e Sport also increases our portfolio of premium Plug-In Hybrid vehicles here, enabling us to offer the largest portfolio offering by any automaker in the country and to further demonstrate our commitment to Visionary Mobility in Malaysia.”
The All-New BMW 530e Sport is the most innovative model in its class and offers the full wealth of BMW 5 Series driver assistance systems, in all modes including eDrive. The premium business sedan promises to serve up the dynamic driving experience, for which the BMW brand is renowned, combined with outstanding efficiency and seamless everyday practicality.
- air stream kidney grille – opening and closing to adapt to different situations.
- LED headlights for both low-beam and high-beam, side lights, as well as daytime running lights
- high-gloss black front bumper The ‘530e’ badge is the most noticeable identifying feature of the plug-in hybrid variant.
Accentuating its sporty vibe to the rear of the new premium business sedan from BMW is the double round exhaust tailpipe on both left and right of the eDrive variant. Fitted with 19” V-Spoke light alloy wheels, the All-New BMW 530e Sport hints at an agile driving experience.
- inline 4-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo 2-litre petrol engine which generates 184hp and 320 Nm of torque. Combined with the BMW eDrive system’s state-of-the-art electric motor, the All-New BMW 530e Sport has an overall system output of 252hp and 420 Nm of torque
- 0 to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds.
- top speed of 235 km/h
- Fuel efficiency; 2.0l/100km
- low CO2 emission of 46g/km.
- all-electric driving range of up to 48km with a maximum speed of up to 140km/h
The eDrive system can also be tailored even more precisely to the journey ahead through three innovative driving modes: AUTO eDrive, MAX eDrive, and BATTERY CONTROL.
- AUTO eDrive combines the power of both combustion engine and electric motor, which allows you to drive up to 80km/h on electric mode only.
- MAX eDrive mode which solely depends on electric power, to reach a maximum speed of 140km/h.
- BATTERY CONTROL allows the driver to manually engage the use of the high-voltage battery by setting the charge value to be availed for pure-electric driving later in the journey.
In terms of charging options, the All-New BMW 530e Sport can be charged at home via a domestic socket outlet. For an even faster charging time, the BMW i AC Fast Charging Cable which is also compatible for public charging, achieves up to 3 times the charging speed compared to the standard charging cable. This standard-compliant plug ensures owners can connect the car to any public charging station. The fast charging cable comes with the registration of the ChargeNow Card online.
- illuminated sill panels bearing “eDrive” lettering
- high-gloss black interior with ambient lighting
- BMW Sport leather steering whee
- HiFi loudspeaker system (12 loudspeakers).
The All-New BMW 530e Sport is also outfitted with BMW ConnectedDrive features – an all-encompassing digital concept designed to aid personal mobility which integrates the vehicle into the user’s digital life via multiple touchpoints. The multifunctional instrument display is specially designed for both the instrument cluster in front of the driver and the central information screen.
The vehicle can also be managed via the BMW Connected app which allows one to not only monitor the performance of the car, but also dictate the interior atmosphere. Through the BMW Connected app, the driver can govern interior comfort by controlling the auxiliary air conditioning function from a smartphone.
The BMW Connected app also empowers one to monitor charge levels of the high-voltage battery, the locations of charging stations, and the distance covered on electric power alone as well as the consequent amount of petrol saved.
- Lane Change Warning
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Dynamic Damper with ADAPTIVE Mode. The ADAPTIVE mode is the fourth of the Driving Experience Control system which includes the COMFORT, SPORT and ECO PRO driving modes. The ADAPTIVE mode works alongside Dynamic Damper Control (DDC) and Navigation System Professional wherein the steering, DDC and Steptronic systems automatically adapt to the current driving style and route ahead.
- Park Assist that assists in parallel and reverse parking perpendicular to the road.
The first-ever BMW 5 Series Hybrid with eDrive Technology has a price tag of RM343,800 OTR excluding insurance and is available in Bluestone Metallic, Mediterranean Blue, Alpine White, and Black Sapphire.
The All-New BMW 530e Sport will be available at all authorised BMW dealerships across the country from today, and with monthly instalment plan starting from only RM 3,588.00 with the BMW Credit Malaysia Balloon Financing 80% loan financial plan. The All-New BMW 530e Sport is also offered with the BMW Full Circle Programme from BMW Credit Malaysia.
Nationwide campaign offering special ownership programmes for BMW models and BMW iPerformance models.
Additional special ownership programmes for BMW vehicles and BMW iPerformance range is also offered at BMW Malaysia’s ongoing nationwide campaign, held at all authorised BMW dealerships. This includes special financing interest rates from 0.88% as well as attractive rebates across a wide range of BMW models.
New owners of the BMW iPerformance models – BMW 330e M Sport, BMW X5 xDrive 40e, BMW 740Le, and now the All-New BMW 530e Sport will also have unlimited, complimentary access for a whole year for the ChargeNow mobility services via the ChargEV platform in collaboration with GreenTech Malaysia. The special offer also comes with a complimentary BMW i AC Fast Charging Cable. Specifically for new owners of the BMW X5 xDrive40e and BMW 740Le xDrive, the new programme by BMW Malaysia offers a complimentary BMW i Wallbox Plus, with RFID detection and can be managed and controlled remotely using the BMW iV smartphone app. The campaign ends 31st March 2018.