Naza Kia Malaysia, the official distributor of the Kia brand introduced the Kia Grand Carnival CKD version to the Malaysian market.
Here’s a few quick facts about the Carnival;-
- The Carnival was first launched in March 2017
- There were 3 CBU variants; KX, EX and a low spec 2.2D
- All variants are powered by a 2.2litre Common Rail Diesel Injection turbocharged engine producing a maximum power of 193PS and max torque of 440Nm.
The CKD sees the low spec 2.2D removed and maintains the KX and EX variants.
Among the key differences found in the CKD vs CBU are;-
- upgraded 8-inch Touch Screen Infotainment System (vs the old 4.3″ TFT touchscreen), Apple Carplay and Android Auto ready. Users will now have access to their smartphone functions including maps and navigation, calls, messages and music.
- Bluetooth connectivity with steering control
- Electro Chromic Rear View Mirror which automatically dims when headlights shine onto the mirror’s surface.
- Aeroblade wipers
- Tri-Zone Air conditioners (only available in the KX variant)
Both the EX and KX are being sold the same as it’s introduction price despite adding new features which is RM161,191.63 for the 2.2 CRDI KX and RM180,667.99 for the range-topping 2.2 CRDI EX OTR (private registration. Add RM200 for company registration) excluding insurance.
All variants have a five-year/unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty and qualify for Naza Kia’s ‘Value 5’ smart financing package.
For a more detailed write up about the CBU Carnival, you can view the comparison I did with the Sorento 2.2L Diesel HERE